CAPTAIN (*Freelance Charters) : Casey Hovey (US)
- Previous Yachts / 94 Serenity / 85 Catch My Drift / 75 Now or Never
- Waters Cruised / The Caribbean / (FL) W Coast & Florida Keys / The Bahamas
BIO / Casey has the advantage of versatile experience on the waters especially off of the Florida coasts, having been involved at a young age in watersports rentals, water taxi driving, sport fish charters as well as superyacht experience. His earlier positions of Deckhand and First Officer on yachts averaging 150’ and later as Engineer and Captain of smaller yachts once achieving his 200T license adds to the value of this program when joining this team for charters. Fishing, diving, snorkelling, wakeboarding, snowboarding and skiing are just a few of the activities he enjoys.
Licenses/Certificates / 200T USCG, STCW 95, PADI Open Water
2nd CAPTAIN/ ENGINEER : Christian Fruin (US)
- Previous Yachts / 92 First Home / Alchemist
- Waters Cruised / The Caribbean / The Pacific / The Virgin Islands/ The Florida Keys / The Bahamas
- BIO / Christian is the fulltime Captain aboard Entrepreneur and has been aboard as Mate for the past 2.5 years, recently upgrading to 100T Captain license. He is a second-generation mariner who spent his childhood and adult life on the water. Living in South Florida he spent most of his time skateboarding, fishing, and diving. After working on dive boats and fishing throughout high school Christian started working as a ramp agent at FedEx loading cargo planes. After a few years in Nashville he decided to move back to the warmth of south Florida and began tournament fishing / working on various sport fishing boats. Shortly after he discovered yachting and knew it was a great opportunity for him. With his past experiences and knowledge about the ocean Christian is ready to help you enjoy your experience aboard to the fullest!
- Licenses/Certificates / 100T USCG, STCW 95, PADI Advanced Open Water
- Education / High School Diploma
- Languages / English
- Hobbies / Skateboarding / Surfing / Fishing / Diving / Lobstering / Hunting / Wakeboarding / Skurfing / Travel / Photography / Fine Foods / Engineering / Mechanics
STEWARDESS (Freelance) : Samantha Tavano (US)
Samantha is from the shores of Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Her childhood years were spent on her father’s sportfish developing a love for the Ocean. Sam studied at the Upper Cape Regional Technical School to become a licensed practical Nurse. Wanting to find a job that takes her out to Sea, she found the world of Yachting. Her hobbies include hiking, sport fishing and running.
CHEF (Freelance) : Nelson Cartagena (US)
- Previous Yachts / Keiki Kei / Andiamo / My Lady
- Waters Cruised / United States / Bahamas / Caribbean / BVI’s / Pacific / Gulf
- BIO / Originally from Queens New York. Upon graduating from high school, Nelson enlisted in the US Army where he served 6 years of active duty service decided. After leaving the service, Nelson attended the University of Central Florida where he studied finance and completed his degree. Finding that he HATED every minute of studying finance Nelson decided to make a change and enroll in Culinary school to follow his passion for cooking. The journey has taken him to several interesting locations around the world. Nelson has been on motor yachts as a Temp. Chef for 4 years after having spent a year as a full time Chef in the Leeward and Windward islands. Currently Nelson lives in Long Island, New York where in his spare time he flips houses and cooks for a living.
- Licenses/Certificates / PADI open water / ACF certified Executive Chef / USCG Maritime Captain / SCTW 01
- Education / BA Culinary Arts / BA Finance
- Languages / English / Spanish
- Hobbies / Fishing / Boating / Diving / Working out / Spending time with loved ones / Traveling
Note: This is the Owner’s chosen crew. Under the USCG Bareboat terms, the Charterer has the option to hire the same crew or other crew pending approval by flag and insurance.