Engage your employees or associates in a challenge that will build leadership and cooperation in the workplace. A challenge that will teach participants how to work effectively independently or inter-dependently as part of a team that sticks together.
Our sailing regattas comprise a race between sailboats on Biscayne Bay in Miami. Three large floating red buoys are used as markers and the sail-boats race around the markers, first across the finish line wins. No sailing skills are required and the participants safety is paramount.
This is a great way to get everyone out of the office or conference room, get some fresh air and have some fun and a little competition and build or enhance a great team.
WHY BOOK WITH AMERICAN YACHT / BOAT MIAMI?
Boat Miami is a subsidiary of American Yacht
Basically, because we know what we are doing. We have teamed up with Miami’s most respected sailing yacht Captains who have extensive experience in this type of event. Our coordinator Russ uses his own sailing yacht in these regattas and plays an integral role.
Additionally, one of the American Yacht, LLC founding partners is an avid racing sailor who also holds a Coast Guard Captain’s license. All our team members at American Yacht have vast experience in these waters with all types of yachts and boats from large power yachts to sailing monohulls and catamarans. We all have many years’ experience with boats and especially these waters.
We have done a number of these multi-boat exercises over the years with excellent results
WHAT TO EXPECT
Active participation – exactly how much will be decided up-front on a case by case basis.
- The best fleet of sailing boats and yacht Captains
- An unforgettable fun time
- A day building leadership skills and camaraderie
- Picnic lunches can be arranged
- Awards and prizes can also be arranged
Every event can be CUSTOMIZED to meet your on water corporate team building requirements but is generally half a day long.
- Life jackets are provided, and each captain will explain the basic safety procedures to the “crew”.
- All vessels have liability insurance.
What to Wear
- Hat and Sunscreen are most important
- Comfortable clothes that dry quickly. Not denim because it doesn’t dry out. Light clothing. You will most likely get sea spray on you.
- Deck shoes if possible but non-skid soles. Wet decks get slippery.
- If you bring a cell phone, make sure it is in a waterproof bag.
After the race
- First, there will be a debriefing by your Captain.
- If a Trophy is requested, we will have a small presentation of this to the winning team.
- If requested we can provide a champagne toast
- All the above is subject to any modifications you want to make.
- If required we can treat the races as a day out on the water and make it as relaxing as possible.
- Lunch can be added to the boats.
- The boats will provide water, soft drinks and ice.
Interesting facts about Sailing on Biscayne Bay
n 1513 Juan Ponce de Leon found a “bright nameless great bay” that today is known as Biscayne Bay. He named it after the largest expanse of water that was closest to Leon, the city of his birth – Bahia de Viscaya It is a beautiful and one of the largest expanses of protected water in South Florida.
Biscayne Bay has a marine ecosystem of approximately 428 sq miles. Biscayne National Park is in the Bay – the largest marine park in the National Park system.
You can call here at 305-758-2500 to answer any questions on this wonderful sailing experience at any time. We look forward to booking your next corporate team building exercise on the beautiful waters of Biscayne Bay in Miami.
Boat Miami knows the ins and outs of what would be best for your event. We believe in customer satisfaction and putting our clients’ needs foremost in our advice.